12 - My Made-Up Best Man Speech



                  Dear Readers,
The blog post that you'll be reading is my full script of my speech for our activity in Public Speaking 2, that I'll be speaking next week. We had been given a choice on which kind of occasional speech we will be making for that activity, so I chose the Best Man Speech. I have no choice but to spoil it out myself because our other course (English Enrichment Program) had told us to make 15 blog posts as soon as possible. I hope you like it

Best Man Speech
So first of all I want to thank a special man who insisted to be the godfather of our newlyweds, let’s welcome Atty. Paul G. Hildawa, and I also want to thank one of our sponsors, Mr. Eugene Delfin for making this wonderful wedding happen.

A very pleasant morning to everyone. I’m very glad that all of you are having a good time on your designated seats.           

For those people who didn’t know me, my name is Joshua Morales, the first and the only best friend of the groom, Mr. Jordan Fernandez. As you may all know, we have been best friends since we were still infants. Both of us were born at the exact same time in the same hospital, somewhere located in Global City called St. Luke’s Medical Center. I always like to address him as Jurdan because I think it really suits him.  

I’ve known Jordan my whole life. Both of our families live in the same neighborhood of Malolos, that’s why we had never been set apart. Back then, when we were still little boys, we used to have fun in the mud while it was raining. There was a time, that Jordan and I had eaten a lot of dirt because we were throwing muds to each other as if we were literally having a snowball fight.

To all our guests, I’m going to tell you a story, and I’m sure that most of you had probably heard it in the news, as well as in the internet. When Jordan was on his teenage years, he always used to hang out with his other friends.

"I feel sorry for their loss."
One day, he had ruined a wedding ceremony because he stole a flying pigeon- a white dove to be exact- from a newlyweds that had been married in Barasoain Church in Malolos, along with his other friends that call themselves as T.B.H. which stands for “Takbo Batang Hamog.”  I had asked him, “Jordan, why did you steal that lovely bird?” He answered me back, “I want to have white pigeons as well, so my future girlfriend and I would be eternally together.” As you probably all see at this present moment, his wish just had happened.

Though Jordan may seemed like a naughty man, but I knew that he’s a very sweet and kind person, that’s why a beautiful woman named Martha came in his life. As for Martha, she’s a very smart, lovely woman, and everybody thank her for being so generous at all times, and I’m also very thankful that she chose my best-friend as her husband.  So Martha, Thank you very much, please take a good care of Jordan and be careful.

And for you, Jordan, we maybe don’t have the same blood that flows in our veins, but I knew for certain that our friendship is way better than being real brothers, and all I’ve ever wanted for you is to be happy. I wish you and your future family all the best and success in life. Everyone, please raise your glasses and join me toasting to Jordan and Martha and their bright future together. Cheers!

Comments

  1. (Commenting to 15 Random People and You are One of the 15. ^__^ )

    There comes a time where everyone has to be married to someone, but do you believe in FOREVER? And awesome made up best man speech, but someone might be angry about this and I will not say his name, but let's call him by the name "Justin".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That some best man speech you made. I think the groom would be grateful to hear those words from you. I like how you put humor in your speech. Great best man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Lu! I'm definitely excited to speak those words out.

      Delete
  3. Nice speech, Joshua. I think you'd make a good best man at your best friend's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The groom would be happy to hear that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts